- Dentsply Zelgan 2002 is a dust-free irreversible hydrocolloid alginate impression material that can be used to make perfect preliminary dental impressions with excellent reproducibility of the anatomical features of the dental arches.
- This quality impression material can be used to make dental impressions to fabricate study models, models of the opposing arch and working models for the fabrication of orthodontic appliances, removable prosthesis, and temporary restorations.
- The Dentsply Zelgan 2002 dust-free alginate impression material is in compliance with the ISO 1563 and EN 21563.
- Special formulation of the powder eliminates dust during mixing.
- This aids the clinician to make dental impressions of higher quality. To enhance the adhesion of the impression of the tray, alginate tray adhesive materials may be used.
- The impressions made from Zelgan 2002 retain accuracy for a considerable amount of time, provided if placed in a humidor maintaining at least 90% relative humidity. However, it is recommended to pour casts immediately or within 48 hours of making the impression.
- Warning – Zelgan 2002 may cause allergic reactions with patients sensitized to spearmint oil or other components of the material. In such cases, the use of Zelgan 2002 is contraindicated.
- Diatomaceous earth
- Potassium alginate
- Calcium sulphate dehydrate
- Polypropylene glycol
- Disodium orthophosphate
- Potassium hexafluorotitanate
- Sodium aluminosilicate
- Magnesium oxide
- Red iron oxide pigment
- Spearmint oil as a flavoring agent.
- Alginate impression materials being fine powders tend to settle when transferred into a container and during storage. Hence after transferring the components of the package into a plastic container, it is recommended to loosen the powder before usage by inverting the container twice.
- It is recommended to store Zelgan 2002 in a tightly closed container at temperatures between 2 and 28oC. Improper storage of the material will reduce shelf life and may lead to product malfunction.
- 1 * 450gm Alginate
- Color or actual product may vary from what is being displayed here due to various factor & circumstances.
- Images & Product Details/Content: Courtesy of DentSply, Sirona